Hark! I Hear the Harps Eternal | Capitol Hill Baptist Church
Some of our favorite hymns, recorded November 23, 2014, at a service of thanksgiving to God for Mark and Connie Dever’s 20 years of service to the Capitol Hill Baptist Church
- Holy, Holy, Holy
- The King of Love
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- I Greet Thee, Who My Sure Redeemer Art
- Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery ℗ 2013 Doxology & Theology, by Matt Boswell, Matt Papa, and Michael Bleecker, used with permission.
- Here Is Love
- “Man of Sorrows!” What a Name
- Victory in the Lamb © 2012 Wesley Eader, used with permission
- See the Destined Day Arise © 2014 Matt Merker, used with permission
- Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted
- Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
- Nothing But the Blood
- Jesus Paid It All
- Arise, My Soul, Arise
- I Hear the Words of Love
- Not What My Hands Have Done
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul © 2014 Matt Merker, used with permission
- He Will Hold Me Fast © 2013 Matt Merker, used with permission
- The Sands of Time Are Sinking © 2014 Connie Dever, used with permission
- Look, Ye Saints! The Sight Is Glorious
- Lo, He Comes with Clouds Descending
- Hark! I Hear the Harps Eternal
(To download to your own computer, right-click and choose “save linked file as…”)
All recorded hymns are public domain with the exception of those with a copyright listed. All recorded files may be shared for free but may not be sold or included in any other products that are sold.
Below, we share songs by CHBC members that we hope will be an encouragement to the broader body of Christ. Any church with a CCLI license is free to use these hymns in your services; see the “fine print” below for more details.
Lyrics: Anne Steele (1716-1778), Public Domain;
Music: Matt Merker, © 2014
He Will Hold Me Fast
• Hymn PDF
• Guitar Chords PDF
• Demo Mp3 (Recorded at Capitol Hill Baptist Church, November 10, 2013)
Lyrics vv. 1-2 Ada Habershon (1861-1918), Public Domain;
Alt words vv.1-2, lyrics v.3, and music: Matt Merker, © 2013
Lyrics: Anne Ross Cousin (1857), based on the letters of Samuel Rutherford, Public Domain;
Music: Connie Dever, © 2014
Lyrics: Venantius Fortunatus (c.530-600), tr. Richard Mant (1837), Public Domain;
Alt. words, chorus lyrics, and music: Matt Merker, © 2014
The Fine Print:
1. The copyright holders reserve all rights for these songs, with the exception of public domain elements.
2. Any church may use these lyrics, guitar chords, and hymn music provided they have a CCLI license and follow the appropriate CCLI procedures. Recordings may not be made of these songs without the authors’ approval, with the exception of recordings of “live” congregational worship that follow the specified CCLI protocol.
3. Demo mp3 recordings may be distributed for free to musicians, singers, and church leaders for learning purposes. All demo mp3s are © 2014 Greg Brown and Matt Merker.