We take seriously the safety of the children under our care. Please read our Child Protection Policy for helpful information for teachers, caregivers, and parents about the policies we have in place to promote a safe and healthy environment for our children to learn.
PLEASE NOTE: you may use our Child Protection Policy as a guide for drafting a policy but (1) remember that our context may not be the same as your own so will need to be modified to fit you and (2) due to the sensitive nature of our internal policies we will not share any information not already contained in our CPP.
Other Policies We Recommend
In developing our child protection policy, we found the following policies to be helpful starting places.
- Child Protection Policy – Basic Training (PDF, archive copy, used with permission)
- Child Protection Policy – Training Checklist (PDF, archive copy, used with permission)
- Child Protection Policy (PDF, archive copy, used with permission)
Additional Aspects of Child Protection
Volunteer application & screening, delimited volunteer roles, accident report forms and a system for checking children in and out of classes are all part of protecting children in our care. These resources are part of our effort at developing a full, multifaceted approach:
- Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Screening Agencies
- Secure Search (we've used them since 2011; highly recommend them)
- US Department of Justice
- LexisNexis® Screening Solutions - Church Mutual
- Protect My Ministry
- Fingerprinting (check your local law enforcement and local agencies)
- Volunteer Roles
- Accident Report Form
- Manual Check-in System (Wristbands)
- Digital Check-in Systems